About Institute of Physics
Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar is an autonomous research institution funded jointly by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and the Government of Odisha. The Institute was officially established in 1972 by the Government of Orissa, and registered in 1972 as a registered society under societies Registration Act 1860. The Institute started functioning under the directorship of Prof. T. Pradhan on September 4, 1974 in two rented rooms of the Utkal University Guest House. After a few months, the Institute moved to a rented house in Sahid Nagar, Bhubaneswar, where its academic activities got started in January 1975 with two Faculties besides the then Director, Prof. T. Pradhan. From 1974 to 1981, the Institute functioned in rented buildings and moved to its present campus in 1981. On March 25,1985, the Institute was taken over by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
About This Site
This site is meant to share news and updates of the institute.