Update as on 09 September 2016:
- 40 keV -Ve Ion Implanter: Our IBL team succeeded in reviving low energy -ve ion implanter. Beam time proposals are invited for the "Low Energy -ve Ion Implanter". Please send your proposal to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
This system uses a single cathode SNICS source. We have succeeded in
using 40 keV Ag -ve ions (with 600 nA current on the target).
- 3.0 MV Pelletron Accelerator Facility:
Experiments using Proton beam (energies 2.0 MeV to 5.0 MeV - H+ beam) are
beng carried out. We are checking for B, Li and C beams as well. Beam Time
Requests are invited to carry out experiments: PIXE, PIGE, RBS, NRA,
Implantation using above beams through our website.
- Please note that, due to water cooling problem in the injector magnet
(choked cooling line), we are not able to tune beams higher than z=6.
- Beam Time Requests are open for both 40 keV -Ve ion implanter and 3.0 MV
accelerator based experiments (Proton beam experiments are prefered!).
- We are planning to have Theme meetings soon (1) PIXE/PIGE based
(2) RBS/Channeling based experiments. Please look for the news in this page!